- Learn all aspects of organic farming including, but not limited to: Greenhouse propagation, transplanting, harvesting, cultivation, wash/pack, delivery and customer service.
- Experience selling produce at a farm with 150 CSA members, 2 successful farmers’ markets, sales to 4 health food stores and Farmlink in Grand Rapids.
Great working conditions
- Eight hour workdays
- Five-day workweeks
- 30 minute lunch with two 15 minute breaks scheduled throughout the day
- Focus on safety
- Training with equipment and machines
- Workers’ compensation insurance in case of accidents
- Kitchen, fridge, and break room in upstairs barn
If you’re interested in working at Groundswell, contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
We have multiple positions available for farm-workers who are able to work in a fast-paced, demanding work environment. Duties performed on a daily basis include: greenhouse propagation, transplanting by hand, cultivation with hand tools, harvesting, washing/packing, delivery and sale of produce. Wage will start at 9.25/hr with raises given based on skill level and performance.
Farming is physically demanding! We are a small-scale (5 acre production size) vegetable farm. Physical labor is a daily aspect of working at Groundswell.